Thursday, September 6, 2007

Rusty old doner in pieces

So I won the doner!
Payed almost double what I expected to pay for it but hey it's worth it! 4000 miles on the Engine (need to verify that) and most parts look ok, or will clean up nicely!
Anyway, thanks to Alan (An owner and club member) offered to help me out!



We picked up a trailer and collected the Mini!
My daughter came along too and bless she help us to load it on the trailer!
It was a long day, and I think she was grateful not to go with me and Alan to take the trailer back and pick up my car!



Anyway, on the way back we managed to pick up a 2 foot steel rod in one of the rear tyres (I dunno how either!) this prompted frenzied action to get the 4x4 off the road before the tyre went flat!
That would have been an absolute nightmare!




My next entry will be on deconstruction and I hope to be able to throw in a few piccies too!

No comments: