Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Finding a Donor!

So, I messed about making a workbench and faffed about looking through magazines and it was finally time to bite the bullet!
I started by getting in touch with the owners club and thankfully a local member got in touch and invited me over to see his and another members buggies, it was great to meet them and see the buggies. It got me hooked!
So I seriously got looking out for a donor vehicle. Ebay was my last hope since all the usual places were showing up nothing!
I eventually found a Metro, and thought I could use that as a donor, but there was a bidding frenzy and it went for way over my maximum!
So back to square one, I gave up with Ebay and decided to get in touch with "Funbuggy Dave" the owner and manufacturer of the Freestyle buggy!
He was very nice an gave me the confidence to build a car even if it was from parts and I committed on the spot to buy the buggy space frame on the spot!
A couple of days later and a coupl eof phone calls and I was bidding on a new donor and sent off a deposit!

No comments: