Monday, December 3, 2007

Master Cylinders & Trunking

For some time now, I've been looking out for a Brake and Clutch Master Cylinder. The ones from the doner were not in tip top condition and I wasn't happy with using them.
I easily found a replacement clutch master cylinder, since nearly all kit car suppliers sell the type that will fit on my buggy, just waiting for clevis & pin to arrive.
Finding a Brake master cylinder was a bit trickier since the buggy uses the dual line type. I could have used the one from the mini donor, but I wasn't happy with having a remote reservoir or it's condition.
I'd read on a club members blog that I could use a Sierra master cylinder, and saw some fitting instructions. However I'd have to do some refabrication to allow it to fit... Ultimately, it wasn't something I was willing to do, since I'd already had the frame powder coated and didn't want to chop into it.
Having scoured the web and eBay, I eventually found the perfect fit. A dual line brake master cylinder originally intended for a Triumph Spitfire.
I redrilled new holes and test mounted the brake master cylinder and also mounted the clutch master cylinder.
Also been thinking a little about protecting the electic cables and clutch/brake pipes, so I bought some electical trunking and test fitted it, seems to look ok so far.

No comments: