Tuesday, October 30, 2007

One Purple Chassis!

27th October...

A big rush and panic on Friday to hire a van ensued when the Kit builder called to tell me that he had other commitments and I couldn't pick up the kit on Sunday. My mate had offered to take me down on Sunday with his Van, but he couldn't drive me down any other day! Shame really but thankfully a local rental place came to the rescue and I picked up the Van that Afternoon!

We had an eventful day on Saturday, got up early in the morning to run down to the Kit Builder to pick up the Chassis and parts, I hired a long wheelbase van to ensure I could bring back the goods! It was a long 4 hour journey, but as a bonus my Dad (who came along to help) and I stopped for a Bacon Sarnie!
We loaded the Van and had a cup of Tea while a couple of parts were modified, the Kit Builder Dave is a really good bloke but with some odd welding techniques, but that's another story! Had a look around the other Freestyles littered around and picked up a few ideas of how to build mine up!
It took even longer to get back, but the traffic was really heavy, so we left in the dark and got home in the dark!

28th October...

Being rather late and being rather tired we left all the bits in the Van overnight and unloaded on Sunday morning! It seemed to take forever to unload, but finally, here's a couple of pics of my lovely PURPLE chassis!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog.